Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Cherry Hill

When I was 7 my mom moved my 2 sisters and I up to Farmington. While we were looking for a permanent residence, we lived in a little motel that was right next to Cherry Hill. I think we lived there for 3 months, but it seemed like longer. Other than walking by and seeing a mini golf course, I don't remember ever going inside to see all that Cherry Hill had to offer. That is my childhood memory of the place. So not all that awesome of a memory. Spencer on the other hand has very fond memories of Cherry Hill. Their whole Davis side of the family would go there camping in the summers when they were little. I didn't even know that they had camp grounds.

Anyway the day after Lagoon, we got to go experience the awesomeness that is Camping at Cherry Hill. Considering that it rained and we had 6 kids 3 years old and under, I think it turned out pretty great! We had heard it was gonna rain, so when we got there we hurried and set up our tents and then headed right to the water park. I was sure after the response we got out of Owen at Lagoon, that he was gonna hate the water slide, but he loved it. Spencer and I took him down it like 5 times. It turned out to be well worth the cost of the ticket. Although I was a little hesitant to fork out the non-refundable admittance ticket in loo of the forecast I am glad that the cheapskate in me lost, and we went. About an hour after we got there it started raining, so we got out of the water and went back to camp. Where we ate a lovely dinner, put the kids in front of a movie, and then went to sleep. The weather was actually pretty good until about 5 AM when it started poring, and got really windy. In the morning we decided to pack up, and go have our yummy camping breakfast back at Cathie and Scott's. Overall it was good times.

Eli loved exploring our camp site, as well as all the neighbors.

The older Cousins enjoying an after dinner treat and a movie

Eli and his tent pole that he carried around. It kept him entertained for most of the night, why do we buy toys again?

more cousins enjoying the movie

3 comments:

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I love these two posts. They make me miss all of the cousins, big and little.

whitney said...

Oh man, I so remember camping at Cherry Hills! The mini golf, the old water slides, the pool. Cherries everywhere - and I hate cherries.

Lynnie said...

allison. I am totally floored by how alike our babies look! I thought these were pictures of my Lias. Crazy, crazy. Maybe we really are related!