Monday, June 15, 2009

Good News!

The Garden Mystery is solved! Well one of the garden mysteries anyway. We had pill bugs (aka rolley pollies) Eating our Strawberries. I got some Sluggo Plus and killed those little buggers! Here is a picture of the finished product


pretty impressive, hu?




Well, not really. The way I figure it, The bowl of berries on the right cost about 10 times the bunch on the left and that does not even include the time we put into it. Seriously, I just don't see the point. Ya teach a man to fish my eye.



In other news, Owen started summer school!! Here he is all ready for the first day. I am really loving the hour and a half I have to get stuff done/waste time online 2 days a week, and can't believe we are already to week three of a six week class! Although you would never be able to tell from these pictures, he really does loves it.

9 comments:

Spencer Davis said...

I love to cultivate the earth. Its totally been worth it.

I also love your Owen montage. It is now my new computer background image.

Katie said...

Owen looks so cute and grown-up. That is great he is loving summer school.

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

Hmm, Al.

Maybe your problem is that you decided to plant strawberries instead of fish.

I'm just saying...

(And Owen does look adorable.)

Christina said...

Sluggo Plus huh? I have a rolly-polly problem myself...I will look into it.

Looks like you have had a busy summer! Don't forget you promised to come visit one of these times you are in SLC! Maybe in a month or so our backyard will be done and then our kids can have their first playdate together?

Ian said...

You are totally underappreciating the value of toiling in the soil! That's a nice crop of strawberries.

I need to get some of that Sluggo Plus. I finally got the birds to stop stealing my strawberries by buying a fake owl. But now that I am starting to get ripe strawberries, something is eating them. Poisoning them sounds like the best option.

3703 said...

Hahaha. There is value in understanding one's relationship to the earth. The way I figure it, the evil seed empire of Monsanto disfigured the bigger strawberries. Take joy in the crop and add sugar.

Anna said...

Love the face to the wall.

Cicely said...

Nobody puts Owen in the corner.

Labrum Family said...

I agree!! I am trying to grow tomatoes this year and it is a pain and I spend more on on the stuff to make them grow, than to go buy some at the store. Thank you for proving my point! Had fun seeing you last weekend!