Thursday, June 11, 2009

what we've been up to

Am I the worst blogger ever, or what?   So last month we talked Cathie and Scott into coming down for 4 days while Spencer and I went on an alone trip. The way we figured it, the last time we went anywhere, just the 2 of us was May of 2005 when we went to Chile.  Due time for some us time. This being my first childless trip since becoming a mother,  I forgot what it was like not to have to worry about anyone but myself.  The first couple days I was sure there was something I had forgotten, or something I should be doing.  Although I fully knew the kids were fine, and that they would rather be with Cathie than me, I still was crazy.  I am aware that I was the one who needed them.   I was pretty sad, but I got over it and in the end I am so glad we went,  I feel like it re-charged my battery.  Thanks to Cathie, Scott, and Lindsay for keeping my babies happy and giving me a chance to miss them.  

Sman outside the hotel

us in the garden area at the hotel

neither of us had been to the mesa temple, so on a rainy day we went.

this is a funny pic for a couple reasons, 
1- there is mo po tofu all down my shirt
2- spencer told me it looked like I was holding the sign, he is a retard. 


As soon as we got home from Scottsdale, we packed the car and headed to My grandma's annual memorial day picnic.  It was a super quick trip, but we're glad we got to see everyone, and eat some great food.  The minute we got in my grandma's yard Owen disappeared.  He loves playing with all the big cousins, that's why there are no pictures of him.  

Eli & Spencer 

Spencer being all lovey-dovey with Eli. 
Surprisingly, he too missed the kids while we were on our trip

A slide just Eli's size

Since owen was MIA during the picnic, he didn't get anything to eat.  
we stopped and got him a corn dog and this is how he fell asleep.
For the record he slept from Centerville until 600 north (so like 7 minutes) that was it the whole ride home, and Eli finally fell asleep when we turned onto Sunset Blvd, a mile away from our house.  It was a long car ride.  

2 comments:

Bailey Kemp said...

WTH!?!?! where isi the awesomefive generations photo!! gosh that was the best one! haha

Allison said...

It was four generations bay, unless you have an announcement to make that is!