Monday, August 10, 2009

Road Trip


In January Spencer and I decided that this was the year for us to see Utah. Well, eight months later we finally took our first adventure off I-15. We decided to go to Moab. I had never been, and it had been a long time for Spencer. The trip went by way too fast. If we do it again we are for sure going for longer. Spencer had a work thing that he needed to go to in Cedar City on Friday night so we went to that before heading to Moab. We also got to go swimming with Grandma Cathie and Grandpa Scott at their hotel. I think that ended up being a great idea, that and not giving the kids a nap earlier on Friday, because once we hit the road toward Moab on Friday night, both boys were OUT. I am thinking that we should always drive at night. It was so nice!


Swimming Boys


We got into town just after midnight. So we went right to sleep. The next morning we went on a hike. Owen loved the hike, well he loved the first half. We ended up doing part of Negro Bill Canyon, which is a slot canyon along a stream. So going in was good, Owen got pretty pooped and tripped a couple times which led to me carrying him out, while he cried. It wasn't so bad though. Overall, we had a lot of fun.

Our Family at the trail head


Group Shot before the hike

Mr. Adventure himself.

Owen loved finding rocks and throwing them into the water

After we got home from the hike we went to dinner and then the boys played tennis. Eli got hit in the face at one point. I thought this was a pretty funny picture.

So Sad

The next morning, Sunday, we packed up our stuff to head home. We decided since we were in the neighborhood we should stop and see Arches National Park. We are so glad we did! It was awesome! I seriously was blown away by everything. The boys were really good and nice to each other.

Owen and I in front of the fiery furnace

the boys on the trail to sand dune arch

I took the boys shoes off at the dunes, they LOVE it!

the boys and I in a crack

Boys under Dune Arch

Cute Picture, minus Eli's sand mouth

Owen standing in front of Delicate Arch
(it is the tiny thing, just left of his head)


The Road trip home was not as pleasant, but I thought the boys did really well. By the time we got to Richfield they had had enough of the car, so we stopped at the park to let them get some energy out.
I think Eli looks like my dad in this picture.

Glad to be home. We had so much fun!

8 comments:

Kamill said...

How fun. I love Moab. I grew up about an hour south of Moab. Beautiful Country huh. Lots of fun things to do there. I am jealous. I haven't played in Moab for along time. Glad you had a great time. You are always doing fun family things. Hey Easton keeps saying he wants Owen to come play. Will you be around Wednesday? Can he come over and play for awhile?

Christina said...

what a coincidence! we are going to moab as part of a road trip in a couple of weeks...we are only staying there for a day though, any recommendations? sounds like you did a lot of hiking, i'm impressed. i love the picture of eli after he got hit by the ball, sad but so cute!

whitney said...

Looks like fun! We always drive back from Montana at night. We leave at 7:30, the boys are out at 8:00 and we are home by 11:30. Works like a charm.
So funny to look at your pictures of all the desert and look at mine of the forests in Montana.
We need to come see the deserts sometime!
I think we are actually planning a trip to Utah this fall. I'll keep you posted, we would love it if you guys could come up to SLC.

Cicely said...

Spencer's sad face looks a look like a cartoon buff guy.

MaRilla said...

Cute! I love boys.

Cameron and Nonie said...

Next time you're around Richfield make sure to look me up. I've got a pretty fun yard, and then you could say you visited the great Central Valley. :)

Bromleys said...

Hey, I've never been to Moab. I think, you've inspired me... Now to spread the inspiration on to Josh. Oh and You're Mom is such a hot fox. I forgot that she had so many siblings.

Erica Mangum said...

How are you doing? Your kids are so cute. Where are you living?