Friday, July 31, 2009

Overheard in a Dream part 1

Spencer and I have many things in common. Sleeping schedules are not one of them. I am a go to sleep late, sleep in kinda gal. Spencer's idea of sleeping in is getting up at 7:30am. So anyway while I am staying up late next to him I often overhear him talking in his sleep. I would say as a general rule he does not let his nerdiness overflow into real life too much. He has the blog and hopefully gets most of the scifi out of his system on that. His Dream's however, well I suspect that they are filled with this crap.

From time to time my sister will do this thing on her blog where she quotes her little girl. Her daughter Nina will say the weirdest things, so they post it, and it's funny. I have seen this before on other blogs and it's not really even interesting, for sure not funny. You know what I'm talking about.

Not like this: "I wov woo mommy." -not funny kid

More like this: "I wish Jesus could make you a nice mommy." -nina

So I have decided to start a new, possibly re-occuring, post.

Here is the first installment of
Overheard in a Dream

Spencer had been asleep like 40 minutes, when he looks over at me and says

"Do NOT wake me up!"

and I laugh and say
"what?, you are so weird, I didn't say a thing"
to which he replies
" unless there are triplets"
I then laugh again out loud, and ask him
"what in the world? triplets? what kind of dream are you having babe?
to which he says
"I am not asleep. It's not like I have ever deblt with zombies before either!!"


I trust that you my readers, will let me know if this is like " I wov woo mommy" so I can discontinue, if needs be.

13 comments:

Spencer Davis said...

I have a very faint recollection of this. The zombie thing for sure came as a result of the new book that I am reading, Patient Zero, about Al-Queda creating a bioweapon which turns Americans into Zombies. And yes, so far it is as awesome as it sounds.

The triplets thing probably came because we just found out your pregnant and I've been having all these crazy anxieties that you are going to have twins.

Allison said...

You are stupid!

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

It must be genetic. Jayme has some awesome conversations with me while he is asleep. But then he gets mad at me (in his sleep) for making fun of him. Its awesome.

Heather said...

Hey! So good to see you! It is fun to see what you have been up to :)

Bromleys said...

I must say I enjoyed the dream, I also enjoyed Spencer's comments on his own dream.
And what the Crap! Your Pregnant?!? Congrats

Kateenie said...

I vote yes to continue.

And...you're pregnant?!

Allison said...

no not pregnant, but thanks for encouraging spencer's dumbness.

When I do have another kid you can bet on me telling the world in a cooler way than a zombie dream.

Anna said...

Yes. Please continue.

Katie said...

Oh that is too funny. This type of post must continue. We'll look forward to those Davis triplets!

Cicely said...

love it. and congratulations!

bobcat said...

Yes, congrats on the triplets! We are super excited for you guys! Hopefully your three little babies aren't zombie babies that climb out through you're belly button. Unless, Spencer's book is actually non-fiction and Al-Queda really does have a zombie-creating bioweapon. Then, perhaps your zombie children will save us all!

Congrats on the dream too Spencer.

Christina said...

All Josh does in his sleep is snore. I would much prefer awesome conversations like this.

Brandon said...

Ha! So when we were in Park City this last weekend Casey rambled off the list of coworkers he had to get into the vans to get back to the airport. He told me exactly where their luggage needed to go, who needed to be on which van, and the names of all his coworkers we was expecting. This was like a total of 45 minutes throughout different intervals during the night. I finally had to turn on the TV so that I didn't have to listen to him.

Sleep talking is the best…especially if you can get them to carry on the conversation by asking questions.