Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Once





"My intention was to make an original film, almost like a visual album, but with a realistic, modern love-story at its heart. We're in a world where a three-minute song is worth ten pages of dialogue; where the characters communicate more through the art of song than by talking or getting involved in traditional plot-points and dramatic situations." John Carney (Writer/Director)

I think this quote most accurately describes the film. I have been wanting to see it for months, but living in a not so huge city like St. Giggity we rarely get independent films. This last weekend in Salt Lake we were finally able to go see it. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for something beautiful and unique. Also it received a 97% on rotten tomatoes.com pretty impressive. For a complete review visit:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/once/

I also highly recommend The Swell Season, the album made by the two lead actors during the filming of Once. If you like "Falling Slowly," and "When Your Minds Made Up" two of my favorite songs on the album you will love the movie.

1 comments:

Spencer Davis said...

I did enjoy this movie. I think mostly because I really enjoyed the music. If you are interested in seeing it, I would suggest that you first check out the music. If you hate the music, I don't think that you would really enjoy the movie.

The story was original and not predictable.