Saturday, July 14, 2007

Girls Camp. The Good, The Bad, & The Dirty


" I don't think we should ever try that again." thats what I said to Spencer this morning when I was still awake as the sun was rising on little thunder Campground in the beautiful Cedar Cedar mountains. We finally got back from girls camp this morning. I say that like we had been there all week, but we only drove up yesterday morning. So not even 24 hours and we had had our fix. I always thought I was a fan of camping, but that was before I went camping with Owen. Yesterday actually went pretty well. He ate a ton of dirt, and who knows what else, but for the most part we had a fun time. At the flag ceremony he did have a little spill face first into some gravel, he caused a pretty big scene but handled it okay. In the end we will catch up on our sleep and laugh at our little adventure, but for now I am still yawning.

4 comments:

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I totally laughed when I saw this. Jayme and I took Lucas on our ward campout last month. Our pack n play fit in the tent, but unfortunately, he hated being in it. So, he snuggled between us on the air mattress, waking up every 15.7 minutes or so. Not the most fun we have ever had! There were about 20 families, and about 30 kids under 4. At least we weren't the only ones screaming in the middle of the night. I'm glad you made it. I bet the girls loved having Owen up there. :)

Anonymous said...

I love it. Your early pictures are soooo cute. I have heard camping with babies sucks.
Adorable

Allison said...

that sounds crazy 30 kids under 4! I am pretty sure all 30 of those kids were better campers than Owen.

Angel, so nice to see you found your way here! we still need to go up to pine valley, call me.

3703 said...

Do you think it is safe to take children into Bear country? I don't. But I am happy that Owen Judd learned how much fun it is to camp.