Sunday, January 4, 2009

Super Man


I am not trying to pretend to be ultra stylish, but I have always been kinda anti character clothing.  Especially on adults,  there is a fine line between what is okay and what is not in my book regarding cartoons on clothing.   Keeping this in mind, I forgot to get some jammys for the boys to open on christmas eve.  On the 23rd I went to Big K and you guessed it they were out of everything even sorta cute.  Not wanting to drive anywhere else I took the plunge and got the boys matching superman pajamas with included velcro capes.  They (okay Owen) LOVES them.  He thinks he gets to wear them every night.  Thus begins our lives as Pooh overall wearin',  Tigger T- shirt wearin', Sponge Bob light up velcro shoe wearin' consumer whores.  Here are some pictures of our holiday and the boys saving the world.  

Owen being "SO nice!!". 

Spencer opening his Iron Maiden shoes that are gonna give my kids nightmares

Owen being camera shy

Me showing off the gifts Owen got me at the dollar store
candy cigs and a Spiderman watch!!

Happy Eli

Things got even better for Owen when cousin harper got him this Awesome cape!  Dreams really do come true at Chistmas time.  

Looks like I have now changed my rules in regards to character clothing.  I am okay with pajamas, underoos, and Dress ups.  Tell me I am not alone on this.


14 comments:

Wayne & Amy MacIntosh said...

I totally agree with you on this. The character shoes are the worst!! Owen is so cute in his cape. He can come save Averie anytime.

Cameron and Nonie said...

You are not the only one. I see a pair of shoes that I think are cute, pick them up and see cartoons splashed across the side, and no matter what the price I put them back down. I am okay with pj's and dress-ups and the occasional hand-me-down to play in, but that's it! I think your boys are SO cute though. How fun for them, and it sure beats a blanket tide around the neck.

mCat said...

It's totally okay. They will decide when to stop wearing such foolishness, and then when they look back on their old pictures, it is going to bring to mind SPECIAL memories! And tons of giggles! I say let them go for it. My boys still laugh over their hammer pants, and hulk hogan t shirts. AWE.SOME.

whitney said...

You are SO not alone. My worst is the light up shoes. My whole family knows it. So what does my dad buy Roman, light up shoes. And he showed Ro when I wasn't around. I hid them in the closet.

mel or kel said...

We got that cape in hopes that Owen will throw fits to wear it to school (when he starts one day). You can do the same to my child when he is a little older.

Kamill said...

You are not alone. I don't care for character clothing either but... Easton loves wearing superman and spiderman. I know it won't be like this forever. They grow up so fast and they grow out of it. Then we will be sad and be wishing they are young again wearing spiderman. I say go for it too, kids get excited about that stuff! Why not

Katie said...

The light up shoes are the worst. I told my husband(who usually has good taste) to go buy our son shoes and they come back with freaking light up Diego shoes. I about died.

3703 said...

You are alone. I myself own three comic book shirts with hopes to own more.

I am anti anti-comic/cartoon people.

Spencer Davis said...

You are all wrong. Kids do not grow out of it. Did you not notice my awesome cartoon Iron Maiden shoes that I got for Christmas.

I say go for it, but Sponge Bob is where I draw the line.

Allison said...

yeah like you have a say

Anna said...

We have no character stuff. Mom wouldn't be able to handle it. Like mother, like daughter. One of those perks about Ramona being blind-ish. She's never known any characters. Nina creates a scene in her various animal costumes worn to the stores in Summer. I find it entertaining to watch people try to decide whether to stare at the little girl in the costume or the one in the wheelchair.

p.s. i gave you a plug on my blog. Try not to cry.

Anonymous said...

I think it's awesome. One of the only shirts I remember having as a kid was a spiderman t-shirt. That thing was the best!

Shayla's with you though. We were at Target looking for shoes for Max, and the only ones he wanted were Spiderman with flashing lights! We don't even know how he knows who spiderman is. He's never watched the cartoon. We quizzed him on a few of the comic book characters, (Spiderman, Batman, Incredible Hulk...) he knew them all!

Also, just a little jealous of Spencer's shoes.

Allison's Mom said...

No your not alone. Infact who do you think came up with the no cartoon on clothes agenda. I'm going to say you're a chip off the old (and I do mean OLD)Block.

Tiffany said...

I'm totally with you! Noah wants character shoes sometimes and I have to totally deny him the opportunity to be like every other child at school. Poor boy, I'm sure they'll thank us in the future!