Wednesday, February 20, 2008

presidents day

On Monday we took a picnic to snow canyon . Here are some pictures of our little adventure. It is about a half mile hike to get to the white sand dunes. I had to stop and pee twice! Note to self, maybe avoid going places w/ out restrooms for the remainder of the pregnancy. I will let you all imagine how graceful I look while balancing to squat at this point.

Owen was really sad to leave the sand. He could have stayed there all day. As you might guess from seeing him roll around in it in the clip below, we found sand everywhere!






6 comments:

Gertge Family said...

Oh! That looks so warm! What a good mommy you are to let Owen get all sandy!

Spencer Davis said...

Allison, thank you once again for showing videos on your blog that demonstrate my athletic prowess. In 9th grade I performed so well at the long jump that I was inviated to the district competiton. Looks like I still got it.

Mindi said...

spencer has sweet ninja skills. allison, ask steve or kamari about driving to vegas with me and having to stop twice so i can go potty. pathetic

Cicely said...

Wow. Shorts and a t-shirt huh. Yesterday Miles and I were outside for 45 seconds before a ice booger formed under from his nose.

bob said...

White sand dunes? where are those at? I've heard of them before, but never found them. It looks like you guys had fun!

Allison said...

Abby: I am a pretty awesome mom to let him get all sandy. this is honestly like one of 3 times in his life that I let him get messy on purpose, maybe that's why he keeps finding his own way to be creative.

Sman: I think that is probably the 5th time you have told me about the long jump in 9th grade. I think its time to move on.

Mindi: I also think I have heard about your famous pee stops. If we ever road-tripped it together it would be a joke!

Cicely: the weather just keeps getting better down here, good luck finding weather this awesome in Erie. You's gonna freeze!

Bob/Shayla: the trail head is on the west side of the highway, just north of where the park officially ends. You park there, and it is about 1/2 mile out, then just stay to the right when the trail forks. we should all go this summer. It would be fun to watch Max and Owen throw sand together!